Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tomato Basil Pesto

For dinner on Saturday, I made Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pesto. We love this dish a lot; the first time I made it for my husband, he assured me that I could make this "whenever I wanted, all the time". I don't have a recipe per se, I just keep throwing things in the food processor until it tastes the way I want it. How much it makes depends on how much of each ingredient you include; usually I base everything on how much basil I have. This time, I had a giant bunch of basil from the Field Day Family Farm stand at the market, so we have a lot of pesto.

Ingredients:

basil
pine nuts
olive oil
sun dried tomatoes (I get dry packed ones from Nuts N Stuff on Preston Hwy)
garlic
Parmesan cheese
a little water if needed

Put the basil ingredients in the food processor and whirl to blend. Keep adding things and tasting until it suits you. This is a great dish to help hone your cooking skills if you have always been a "book cook" and want to branch out.

No comments: